Sunday, April 25, 2010

Intro to blogging

I've often thought about creating a blog. There have been numerous reasons not to. I spend too much time on the computer as it is. There is already not enough time in the day to do other things I want, why start something else? I already share too much random stuff on Facebook. I could go on.

The truth is, I enjoy writing, I just rarely sit down and do it for personal reasons. I guess it goes back to one of those reasons up above. I spend so much time writing things for other people, businesses etc, by the time I get home, I don't feel like writing for myself. However, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, hence the name of the blog. I've gone through some big changes in my life over the past year, I'm facing a milestone birthday next month, I tend to overthink things anyway. Who knows? The point is, I figured it was time to put some of these thoughts down on paper...or something a touch less 20th century.

Are my thoughts interesting to anyone but myself? Probably not much. I'm quite familiar with the site of a listeners eyes glazing over like a doughnut in the kitchen at Krispy Kreme. That's one of the benefits of the blog...I can write it but no one has to read it. I still get the thoughts out, no one is subjected to them that doesn't want them.

Finally, the irony of me not having a blog was just too much to live with anymore. I deal with social media for a living. Me not having a blog is like Steve Jobs not having an iPhone. Or an ounce of iCreativity when it comes to naming new products. Seriously, that much innovation in products, but the marketing department apparently has the vision of Mr. Magoo in the dark. But I digress, which I will. A lot. Just saying.

Anyway, I figured I might as well give in to one of the last social media trends out there. Knowing my luck, I'm starting this right about the time that they are no longer relevant. Ooh, maybe I'll be ironically cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment